Patios, Sunrooms & Alfresco Areas View Gallery
Suncoast Outdoor Living not only offer traditional outdoor patio enclosures but have a comprehensive range of solutions to create a usable, maintenance free outdoor living area.
Sometimes referred to as a sunroom, indoor outdoor room or screened room, a Suncoast patio enclosure will enhance your alfresco or pergola area allowing for year-round entertaining and outdoor living. Read more benefits below!
Why Enclose Your Patio?
Patio enclosures have a number of practical benefits, including:
- Additional entertaining area
- Protection from Flies, Midges, Mozzies, Birds, Cane Toads, Snakes and other unwanted pests
- Elimination of leaf and airborne debris
- Maintains your view or create privacy
- Maintains air flow
- Keep pets from wandering
- Custom made self-closing or sliding doors and pet doors
- Minimal maintenance
- No need to screen - Bi-Fold doors on your house creating a seamless living design
- Full weather proofing if required
Suncoast's Unique Aluminium Frame System
Some of the most common concerns that we hear about enclosing an outdoor area in screen is that you will feel closed in, lose your views, eliminate the breeze and that the screens will go loose and saggy over a period of time and we couldn't agree more - that is, if using a traditional framing system designed for house windows and using a cheap screen which will last only a couple of years with UV exposure and lastly using the wrong density of screen for your requirement.
The Suncoast Aluminium Frame System uses a flat elongated rubber spline. Unlike the traditional round rubber spline which goes into a square hole the Suncoast spline system completely wraps around the screen locking it into place never going loose or saggy. We have a total of 8 different screens from 25% shade to 95% shade which are all manufactured by Phifer Screens USA the world's leading screen manufacturer. Two of our screens are compliant to AS1926 and can be used as pool fencing. Your enclosure is designed to your needs and requirements and will look great for years to come.
Fixed Screen vs Retractables
Over the years we have tried and tested a large variety of retractable screens in nearly every conceivable outdoor environment. Through years of testing and feedback from customers and people at numerous home shows we decided that retractable screens were not the best product to enclose an outdoor entertaining area. We believe that retractable screens do have a place in the market but the benefits of the fixed screening system far outweigh the retractable system when it comes to enclosing the perimeter of an exposed outdoor area. Here's why:
- A fixed screening system will not blow out of the tracks in higher winds letting in unwanted insects.
- Retractable Screens require constant maintenance and cleaning to stop them from jamming or breaking and this is usually an exit clause when it comes to warranty issues.
- The Suncoast spline system means that the screens stay taut and will never impede your views. Once an area is screened in you forget that they are there.
- A larger range of screens are available in the fixed screening system some of which are unachievable in the Retractables systems, limiting things like privacy and sun protection options.
- A fixed screening system is usually a lot more cost effective compared to a Retractable giving you longer term value for money.
Suncoast Outdoor Living's signature outdoor room enclosures use an innovative patio screen system which can be incorporated into your existing patio, alfresco area, veranda, balcony or as an addition to our range of wonderful patio designs. View patio and sunroom ideas in our gallery.
Fill out the contact form to the right for more information and a member from our team will contact you as soon as possible.